[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about gnuradio-companion

From: Bennett, David S. (Scott)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about gnuradio-companion
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 06:45:39 -0400

I just did a fresh install of gnuradio per the following:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGR#Using-the-build-gnuradio-script

It was done on a fresh wipe and install of Kubuntu 13.04 – in fact it was the first thing I installed after I installed the operating system.

I’m trying to run a script I generated on another system to stream data from a USRP-N210.  I can provide the .GRC file and the generated python if needed, but there are only three main blocks… the USRP source, a “head” block to stop the simulation after collecting all the data I want, and a file sink.  The script worked fine on the Windows-based machine I was using.

Gnuradio-companion can generate the python file, but when I execute it, I get the following:

Generating: “home/developer/Documents/gnuradio/top_block.py”

Executing: “home/developer/Documents/gnuradio/top_block.py”

[Errno 2] No such file or directory

>>> Done

OK, so just out of curiosity, I brought up a command line to see if I could execute the python script from there.  And I can.  So the issue is not the generation of the script – it is something in GRC.  As far as I know I’ve set the PYTHONPATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variables correctly.

I have tried creating a couple of other simple flowgraphs, and they seem to work.  But this one doesn’t.  Even if I recreate it from scratch (so as to avoid any issues that might have happened from using Windows initially) I get the same error.

I’d appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Scott Bennett

Johns Hopkins University - Applied Physics Lab