Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT Sink Performance

From: Hilbert Transform
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] WX GUI FFT Sink Performance
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:56:51 -0400

One of the beauties of open-source software is that if you don't like the way something works, or think it should be
  enhanced, you can take care of that yourself, and, hopefully, share the results with the community.

If you don't have the necessary skils to do so, then you make your desires known, and hope that the developers
  will, at some point, consider your needs, and decide whether it's worth implementing them, and putting said
  implementation on the schedule.

I think Marcus had previously stated that the GUI elements in Gnu Radio itself were primarily designed as an aid
  to instrumenting and debugging flow-graphs, and that only secondarily are they useful for building real applications.

It would be useful for Tom to chime in here about the features of the QtGUI stuff in "next".  Nobody is actively
  working to make the wxGUI side of things "lovely" at this point, because energy is going into, as far as I know,
  the QtGUI side.