Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] For USRP1 Owners: A Under $4.00 USRP1 Clock modif

From: Martin O'Shield
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] For USRP1 Owners: A Under $4.00 USRP1 Clock modification posted on OpenBTS Wiki
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:31:56 -0500

Andrew,

My replies below and thank you I received my T-shirt:

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Andrew Back <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Martin,

On 22 May 2013 20:11, Martin O'Shield <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> For those who have the Ettus Research USRP1, I updated the OpenBTS Wiki to
> reflect a simple modification University Student Luis Vasquez documented for
> the Ettus Research USRP1.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBTS

But that's Wikipedia and not the OpenBTS Wiki. Did you really mean to
update Wikipedia with this?

Kurt recommended I post there so I did as I do believe its important/significant enough for the benefit of us all.

I'm not sure it's the best place for such information.

As I do my presentations/demonstrations, I point to a Electromagnetic Map
something like as follows:

 http://www.perceptions.couk.com/uef/imgs/Electromagnetic_Spectrum.jpg

We as human beings are utilizing ZERO % of the known radio waves in the Universe.

So I've made a decision to spend the LEAST amount possible to access/interact with that Electromagnetic Radio Spectrum.  The under $4 chip modification for USRP1 users/owners is a beneficial thing to us all as human beings.

Having said that I do believe the USRP1 by some exciting forthcoming " Stuff ".

Also, this announcement/discussion might be better served
on the OpenBTS mailing list rather than the GNU Radio one.

I know I posted there as well too.

Regards,

Andrew

Sincerely,