Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Cycle Detection in GNU Radio

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about Cycle Detection in GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:25:34 -0700

On 07/09/2013 05:06 PM, Tommy Tracy II wrote:

> I am working on a GNU Radio Router block that will serve as a
> communication block between multiple flow graphs. My router will receive
> information via TCP, and then send it to several other blocks to be
> processed. After those blocks have completed their processing, my
> original idea was to take that data and return it to the router to be
> sent back to a different node. This would introduce a cycle in the flow
> graph. Is there any way to disable cycle prevention?

There is no way to disable cycle prevention; the GNU Radio scheduler
algorithm requires streaming ports to be a directed acyclic graph.

However, this applies to streaming ports only.  It's possible (though
probably lower in performance) for you to encapsulate data into async
messages and use message ports connected in an arbitrary topology.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services