Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1

From: ashish mishra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 23:13:26 +0800 (SGT)

Hi all,

  Martin, Aditya is correct I too am facing this issue with the new rx_ofdm.grc. This error is prominent its only in some gain settings the model works. Moreover in QPSK modulation CRC is rejecting nearly all the packets.

Thanks,

Ashish

On Thursday, 7 November 2013 6:27 PM, Martin Braun (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 06:27:40PM -0500, Aditya Dhananjay wrote:

> I created an OFDM TX/RX flowgraph (mostly copying stuff out from the GNU Radio
> reference GRC implementation), where the TX goes out to a USRP UHD sink, and
> the RX reads from a USRP UHD source.
>
> As long as the receive SNR is high enough, the problem does not show up.
> However, as I gradually reduce the RX gain, at some point, the entire thing
> crashes with the "Buffer too small for min_noutput_items" error.

Are you using a current version? This problem was caused by bit errors
creating incorrect, but validated headers. In the current header, we
have an 8 Bit CRC check, which is pretty unlikely to cause this.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)