[Discuss-gnuradio] Status of GNU Radio with OSX 10.9

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of GNU Radio with OSX 10.9
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:50:52 -0500

Earlier today I pushed r113561 to MacPorts <
https://trac.macports.org/changeset/113561 > which should allow pretty much any
compiler should work on 10.8 or 10.9 (and, likely, any other OSX version) to
build any version of gnuradio (legacy, release, devel, next). If your build is
broken, please try:
{{{
sudo port clean gnuradio gnuradio-devel
sudo port -f -p uninstall gnuradio gnuradio-devel
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install gnuradio-devel
}}}
and then see if the dial_tone works; see if gnuradio-companion works.  Compared
with previous fixes, this one seems to work across the board.  So please give
this change a try if you're using GNU Radio on OSX via MacPorts.  Enjoy! - MLD

ps> The issue, as has been the case before, comes down the compiling VOLK.
This time, the problem is that Apple's clang is some version of 3.3, which has
issues with the cvtpi32_ps intrinsic on ACX.  Clang 3.4 has the fixes for this
intrinsic.  So ... long story short is that in MacPorts only, I patch
volk/lib/CMakeLists.txt to test for not just xgetbv but also for cvtpi32_ps.
I'm not sure it is important to include this patch within GNU Radio proper, but
it does specify "if (APPLE)" to it could be done.