Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not recording it all

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not recording it all
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:54:18 -0500

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Paul B. Huter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I ran my "record" setup for over 10 seconds, but when I run the data file
> back through my "playback" I only get about two seconds (if that) of result.
> What happened to all the data, and how can I change things next time to get
> all the data?
>
> My record setup is as follows:
>
> Rate: 50M
> USRP Source
> Low Pass Filter
>      Decimation: 50
>      Cutoff Freq: 15M
>      Transition Width: 5M
> File Sink
>
> Paul B. Huter

Try this. You only want to capture for a certain length of time, which
means a certain number of samples. So put a gr::blocks::head block
between the filter and file sink. The number of items you'll want is
going to be samp_rate (samps/sec) * time (secs) (and we know samp_rate
here is 1 Msps). That will store exactly that many samples and then
shut down the application.

Tom