Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not recording it all

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not recording it all
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:02:21 -0600

Thanks, Tom. Just to clarify, the 1Msps comes from the sample rate of 50M and the decimation of 50, correct? Also, is this going to record 10 seconds of "real-time" data? I was having issues with real-time, due to the large data stream, so will this record data from t=0 to t=10, just not in real-time?

Paul B. Huter

On Nov 23, 2013 9:54 AM, "Tom Rondeau" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Paul B. Huter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I ran my "record" setup for over 10 seconds, but when I run the data file
> back through my "playback" I only get about two seconds (if that) of result.
> What happened to all the data, and how can I change things next time to get
> all the data?
>
> My record setup is as follows:
>
> Rate: 50M
> USRP Source
> Low Pass Filter
>      Decimation: 50
>      Cutoff Freq: 15M
>      Transition Width: 5M
> File Sink
>
> Paul B. Huter

Try this. You only want to capture for a certain length of time, which
means a certain number of samples. So put a gr::blocks::head block
between the filter and file sink. The number of items you'll want is
going to be samp_rate (samps/sec) * time (secs) (and we know samp_rate
here is 1 Msps). That will store exactly that many samples and then
shut down the application.

Tom