Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use FFT without grc block

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use FFT without grc block
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 07:30:04 +0100

Hi Nasi,
On 24.01.2014 02:45, Nasi wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> with doxygen docs do you mean these:
> http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1fft_1_1fft__complex.html
> ?
Yes, basically that class. I was referring to the module as whole, and
was hoping you'd might take a look into the GR source to find out how
it works; really, no magic involved there :) look into gr-fft/lib/fft.cc

> this redundant information is hopeless...
>
> Do you know any normal good mature documentation?
Well if you want to use gr-fft, you must me content with what you can
find in the doxygen, find when searching the mailing list and the
internet in general. This is open source, so when someone implemented
something and felt that it is documented well enough, they'd stop
writing documentation and continue on implementing cool stuff :)
basically, the names of the methods fft_complex class seem to named
self-explanatory enough to me...

I *do* get the feeling you're not really after the minimalist fft
wrapper classes that are available in gr-fft, but want some general
FFT routines. As explained in great length in my last email, look for
a general FFT library then, and FFTW is the library of choice and
well-documented.

Anyway, you should explain what you're trying to do and maybe we can
help you :)

Good morning!
Marcus