Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input

From: Carlos Alberto Ruiz Naranjo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 14:38:29 +0200

Delay Block is controlled by Satellite Orbit and Satellite Orbit by "simulated clock". The output of Satellite Orbit is the delay (samples). Can I know the nitems_read of Delay Block from other block (Satellite Orbit)?

Maybe a solution is to introduce Orbit Satellite in Delay block, but this is really inefficient to do tests. And a problem if I want to change the Delay block for your solution (FFT).

Really the delay is in the non-modulated signal.

Jeff, it is a "simulated clock". And it doesn't run with throttle because the samples in the output of Delay block are different that the samples in the input.

If you're comparing real time (system clock) to your sample stream, you'll get jitter, not drift, using a throttle. Throttle maintains a sample rate over time, but operates on blocks, and also is running under a non-realtime operating system.

If you're talking about drift between the clock on your receiver and the real world, that's normal and you have to find ways to deal with it.

- Jeff