Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay block controlled by input
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:53:33 +0200

Hi,

On 08.10.2014 14:38, Carlos Alberto Ruiz Naranjo wrote:
> Delay Block is controlled by Satellite Orbit and Satellite Orbit by
> "simulated clock". The output of Satellite Orbit is the delay (samples).
> Can I know the nitems_read of Delay Block from other block (Satellite
> Orbit)?
Yes. It's a public function, as you can see in the documentation I linked.

> Maybe a solution is to introduce Orbit Satellite in Delay block, but this
> is really inefficient to do tests.
Good point, but you should be able to test your "calculate transmission
delay from an integer" functionality externally; also, there's no reason
to have something like a class "delay_calculator", with methods you call
from your modified delay block. You can test that very easily isolated.
>  And a problem if I want to change the
> Delay block for your solution (FFT).
Well, yes, if you change approaches, the old approach will no longer
apply. That's a design decision you'll have to make.

> Really the delay is in the non-modulated signal.
I don't understand this sentence, sorry.

Greetings,
Marcus