[Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X 10.10 Advice

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mac OS X 10.10 Advice
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:56:28 -0400

GNU Radio and UHD seem to generally work well with the recently released Mac OS
X 10.10.  In my testing, everything in UHD works.  And, everything in GNU Radio
works -except- for executing flow-graphs from with the GNU Radio Companion
(GRC); GRC can compile scripts (the file is created; or, via “grcc” on the
command line), and the resulting Python executes correctly.  But, executing a
compiled GRC script from within GRC fails.  I found CPU usage on Wx and Qt
graphs a little lower on 10.10 than prior OSs; nice!

There is no clear solution to this issue at this time; I’m working on it as
time allows, but it’s looking like something that Apple will have to fix — not
a GNU Radio or UHD issue directly.

Thus, my recommendation is to stay with Mac OS X 10.9 or earlier if you want to
be able to execute flow graphs from within GRC.  I’ll post again once I know
something more.  Please feel free to ping me & I’ll discuss the issue in more
depth with anyone interested. - MLD