Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Works with GR 3.6, breaks with 3.7

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Works with GR 3.6, breaks with 3.7
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:19:14 +0200

On 10/18/2014 05:57 PM, Luke Berndt wrote:
> The Band Edge FLL works great for me too, on 3.6. Does anyone know if
> there were changes to it or surrounding blocks in 3.7 that would make it
> stop working?

None of the DSP was changed, if it worked before it should(TM) still
work. The reason we say it's a bad choice is that it was derived for
PSK/PAM signals. The reason it still might work is that the
implementation runs 2 filters at the band-edges and compares the energy
content of those, and that difference might be sufficient to correct
your frequency offset if you have sufficient averaging (i.e. low enough
loop bandwidth).