Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting bursts with GRC by inserting SOB and

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting bursts with GRC by inserting SOB and EOB
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:08:35 +0200

Gooood question.
The corresponding lines look something like [1] (while iterating over
the tags in the current set of items):

 BOOST_FOREACH(const tag_t &my_tag, _tags) {
 else if(pmt::is_null(_length_tag_key)
                && pmt::equal(key, SOB_KEY)) {
        if (my_tag.offset != samp0_count) {
                max_count = my_tag_count;
                break;
        }
        // Bursty tx will not use time specs, unless a tx_time tag is also
given.
        _metadata.has_time_spec = false; //(wut)
        _metadata.start_of_burst = pmt::to_bool(value);
        }

... and that (wut) might be a bug, because it implies that, if the
stream has both a time tag and a sob tag, the question whether the tx
metadata has a time tag depends on in which order these tags are
sorted on the the tag storage multimap. Which might be random, because
tags are sorted only by tag offset.
@Martin: is there a reason that this is explicitely set to false here,
or can one just fix this by deleting a line?

Cheers,
Marcus

[1]
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-uhd/lib/usrp_sink_impl.cc#L659