[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio in Python Tutorial - installing python bloc

From: Michael Rahaim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio in Python Tutorial - installing python block without C++
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:53:48 -0400

Hi all,

I've been going through the tutorials with a fresh install of GNURadio (Version 3.7.2.1) through Ubuntu's package manager (Ubuntu 14.04) and I've run into a few issues when attempting to install a python block (without any C++, as indicated in the tutorial: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_Python#Installing-Python-Blocks).

I think I resolved the first issue below, but any pointers for resolving the second error would be greatly appreciated:

1-) Running cmake threw an error "CMAKE error: cannot determine link language for target "gnuradio-tutorial"

-As mentioned in the "bug" report #522, I was able to eliminate the error by removing the lib folder and commenting out the line "add_subdirectory(lib)" from CMakeLists.txt

2-) Running make now gives the error when attempting to link the tutorial module:
Linking CXX shared module _tutorial_swig.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnuradio-tutorial

-Is there something else that needs to be edited before running cmake since there isn't any C++ code?

Thanks in advance,

-Mike