[Discuss-gnuradio] Updating GNU Radio, UHD or PyBOMBS

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updating GNU Radio, UHD or PyBOMBS
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:53:38 -0700

Hi all,

I am new to all of this, so I'm looking for some guidance. I recently setup UHD and GNURadio using PyBOMBS on Ubuntu 14.04. I now want to do a git pull and update my stuff. I'm not sure what commands to execute after I do the git pull for each.

For example, I found two different recommendations for updating gnuradio after a git pull

First way:

git pull
rm -Rf build
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make
sudo make install

Second way:

git pull
cd build
make
sudo make install

Is the removal of the existing build directory and cmake command necessary?

After executing git pull, what directory do I need to go to and commands do I need to run for PyBOMBS and UHD?

v/r,
Rich