Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design issue

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_filter_design issue
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 10:32:14 -0500

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:10 PM, sreeraj r <address@hidden> wrote:
qt4 4.8.6, python2-pyqt4 4.11.2, qwt 6.1.0 and python2-numpy 1.9.0 on Archlinux.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 5:10 AM, sreeraj r <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I just noticed that "gr_filter_design" is throwing numpy error and fails to start (with latest gnuradio-git).  I could atleast find one more guy complaining about this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25882030/gnuradio-filter-design-tool/26142876#26142876).

The issue in my case was with

>> from PyQt4.Qwt5.anynumpy import *  (line no 25 in polezero_plot.py).

Code works fine if I replace the above line with

>>from numpy import zeros
>>from numpy import float as Float

Anyone else facing the same issue or is this only with my Qt4 package? (just launch "filter-design" tool from GRC and try playing with pole-zero plot)

Thanks
Sreeraj Rajendran

 What versions of: QT, QWT, and numpy are you using?

Tom

Perhaps it's a change in numpy with version 1.9.0. I can't look into this and test it right now, but can you open an Issue on gnuradio.org with the bug, version information, and your patch to remind us to get to this? I'd like to just check to make sure your patch is backwards compatible to older versions of what we support here.

Thanks,
Tom