[Discuss-gnuradio] GR on Mac OS X 10.10 Now Working

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR on Mac OS X 10.10 Now Working
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 10:36:07 -0500

The libxml2 issue was fixed in r127681 <
https://trac.macports.org/changeset/127681 >. Please do:
{{{
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated
}}}
and all of GNU Radio and UHD should now work on Mac OS X 10.10 as well as it
does on 10.9 and prior.

The issue turned out to be that libxml2 was being linked using “flat namespace”
— which in this case is a DYLD concept meaning to just look at the symbols
being requested, not the library name.  By default in 10.10, linking is done
using a “two level namespace” — meaning using both the symbol and library name.
 Removing the flat namespace linkage — using two level namespace linkage by
default — fixes the issue because the DYLD loader’s logic “knows” to load a
symbol internal to a given library when available, and look external otherwise.
 When using a flat namespace if the symbol is already loaded then it is used
when requested, no matter what library name it came from.

All makes sense now, yes?  Well, at least it’s fixed ;) - MLD