Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC, Recording chunks of spectrum triggered on in

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC, Recording chunks of spectrum triggered on input signal level
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 21:54:41 +0100

Hi Staffan,

I think that you'll find the things you describe can be best noted more or less algorithmically (which you have already done!); and thus, I'd think it's easier to actually write that specific sink you need than to do what you want to do in GRC (I must admit I can't think of a way of doing that in GRC... it's just so un-graphically-clickable ;) ).

Now, this might sound like bad news to you, but I assure you that writing a python block is not as hard as it might sound to you; just follow the first few of our new guided tutorials [1] and you might write your own sink that writes each chunk of samples -- as your detector tagged it -- to a new file.

Greetings, and happy hacking,
Marcus

[1]http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials