Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC, Recording chunks of spectrum triggered on in

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC, Recording chunks of spectrum triggered on input signal level
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:44:19 -0700 (MST)

See my note about dynamic recording of file names:
http://rfpoweramp.wordpress.com/category/sdr/gnu-radio/

The file sink is either being directed to "filename" or "/dev/null".  You
can dynamically change that during the flow with a boolean check box.  In
your case, instead of the check box, you would setup a probe to monitor your
integer, and maybe probe at 10 times a second, which would change the file
name.

The actual "filename" is a python statement that concatenates the system
time and other info into a formatted string.

I'll post an example GRC file tonight that shows the dynamic recording with
time stamped file.  I'm going to try the ARRL Frequency Measurement test
tonight, and wrote a GRC flow with that functionality (not the probe part,
but I'm using probes to display the channel power).

Lou
KD4HSO

Staffan Bruce wrote