Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:54:48 -0600

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Cocacola93 <address@hidden> wrote:
> I try volk_profile
>
> but
>
> 98% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 193
>
> Total Test time (real) = 258.68 sec
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>           1 - qa_volk_test_all (Failed)
>          31 - qa_udp_source_sink (Failed)
>         181 - qa_trellis (Failed)
>         187 - qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
> make: *** [test] Error 8
>
> Thank you for instructions.

A) Since you don't have much experience I recommend using a binary
distribution of GNU Radio provided by your distribution. See the
official recommendation here:
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGR

B) Inside your build direction can you run the following commands and
send the output? If it's long copy it to a website like fpaste.org

ctest -V -R volk | grep -C 5 offset
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name'