Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install: qa_volk_test_all fails
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:58:18 -0600

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM, West, Nathan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM, madengr <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Try my other suggestion if the above does not work.  My guess is the VOLK
>> tests won't work since this is your first time installing gnuradio, and you
>> have not run the volk_profile. In which case you need to bootstrap by
>> installing it first, run volk_profile, then you can run the tests.
>>

>> Lou

Forgot to hit reply-all the first time.

I'm not sure where this suggestion is coming from, but installing VOLK
has nothing to do with the QA. There is no bootstrapping VOLK, in fact
the there's something like a 99% overlap between code executed when
runing 'make test' on VOLK and volk_profile.

If you have experience where make test fails on VOLK, but passes
after installing I would like to hear about it because it's the sign of a bug.

Nathan