[Discuss-gnuradio] Broadband Applications with USRP

From: Lefteris Kampianakis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Broadband Applications with USRP
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 13:44:20 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in developing broadband applications (~30MHZ BW) using the USRP and I have some questions:

0) What is the largest bandwidth I can process using a flow graph with relatively large complexity (e.g. 16QAM demodulator simple lowpass, 2 x mixers), any USRP and a computer with arbitrarily large processing power. I just want a rule of thumb approximation.

1) I know it's probably not the right place to ask, but do you think my application can be implemented in either Labview, or MATLAB USRP interfaces?

2) If it is not possible at all, do you think Nutaq, PicoSDR is the right hardware, considering that it has modules implemented on the FPGA?

3) Are there any papers/applications notes etc in the literature that you are aware of that implement broadband (30 MHZ BW) systems using the USRP?

 Thank you
--
Eleftherios(Lefteris) Kampianakis
Electronics and Computer Engineer