Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help me help myself

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help me help myself
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:47:13 -0500

On 12/22/2014 07:31 PM, Richard Bell wrote:
MLeech I really understand where you're coming from. But I think that's the point of a community. If you are personally tired of answering low level questions, then you should not feel like you have to. Others in the community might be happy to do it, and you can stick to the advanced questions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how other communities seem to work that I've been involved with.

MMuller, thank you. I do my best to help myself before I ask a question here. Often, I feel like I'm asking a legit question, until the responses make me feel like i just asked the equivalent of "what does 2+2 equal?" Its always hard until you ask. Shrug.

Rich
Richard:

I certainly didn't mean to imply that you'd asked a "stupid question". There aren't any stupid questions. Only stupid/ill-considered answers.

Your post just triggered one of my many soap-box moments. If I had a beard, it would be grey. Think of me as the grumpy old greybeard
  muttering incoherently over there in the corner...

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator