Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft differences with different wire-format

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft differences with different wire-format
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 20:38:34 +0100

Hi Doug,

you're right, the wire format is only used between device and host
computer, and shouldn't change the values you're seeing, so I'd actually
be curious about that screenshot. I have a suspicion that what you're
seeing might be a raised noise floor due to quantization noise becoming
increasingly relevant at 8bits, and the dip you're seeing might be the
successfull DC offset correction. If my suspicion is correct, the 0Hz
magnitude would be largely unchanged, whereas the average level around
it would be raised; is that true?

However, since this is more of a USRP related problem than a GNU Radio
topic, it might be wise to post your reply to the USRP-users mailing
list[1].

Greetings,
Marcus