Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Automatically Restart UHD/gr-uhd blocks

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Automatically Restart UHD/gr-uhd blocks
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:26:11 +0100

On 02/19/2015 12:14 AM, John Malsbury wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I think you were working a different, USB-related issues.
>
> My task is a bit different.  The goal is not to power cycle the USRPs -
> its to re-initialize and resume after and power cycle, without
> intervention from an external executive or operator.  (ie. by some task
> that monitors for a stop in dataflow and then perhaps calls a re-init
> function in gr-uhd, or rebuilds a flowgraph entirely)

This has been mentioned before, but we've never made a plan to fix this.
One issue is that if the USRP conks out, this usually means the block
breaks down -- so the issue is not so much recovering the multi_usrp,
but rather making sure the usrp_{sink,source} blocks keep running when
the USRP has some issues.