Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 23:42:22 +0200

Hello Hassaan,

there's no way you get 32MHz of bandwidth over network mode -- for 16 bit samples, that's not even theoretically possible over gigabit ethernet.
In fact, the E310's CPU will under no circumstances push that many samples per second in or out of the E310.
Please make sure you actually get the bandwidth you think you are getting.

I'd like to point out that the network mode really is a narrowband diagnostic and maybe demo tool, but can't be used for serious sample rates -- the architecture of the network interface on the E310 just doesn't allow such rates when handled by the ARM.

Best regards,
Marcus