[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using fm_demod.py

From: Nick Harrison
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using fm_demod.py
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 18:05:04 -0500

Hi everyone,

I recently started playing around with gnuradio, and being the beginner that I am, wanted to begin by listening to a close by radio station. I basically followed the instruction on http://www.trondeau.com/gr-tutorial/ and used the uhd_rx_cfile with the following command:

uhd_rx_cfile -a "addr=192.168.10.2" -g 0 -f 97.1M --samp-rate=500k -N 5000000 radio_sample_97.1Mhz.32fc

Below you can find the image of the IQ data and the PSD that I got when I used gr_plot_psd_c
http://imgur.com/kFpqK25

But when I used the fm_demod.py to playback the captured data, it comes out completely scrambled. Am I missing something here?