[Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting two USRP B200 radios

From: Ashish Pasha Sheikh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting two USRP B200 radios
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:46:50 -0500

Hello everyone,

i am new to the world of SDR. I currently have two USRP B200 radios. I would like to connect the Tx port of one SDR to Rx port of second SDR using a cable to visualize the transmitted bits.

I am generating random bits with Ts=1/10000 and 50 samples per frame. Using a rectangular pulse shaping with 20 pulse length ....it would output me a samples with data rate of 200KHz. I am transmitting the baseband signal with gain of 8 and interpoaltion factor 512 over a 432e6 frequency.

now i want to visualize the signal by receiving it on another B200 radio . I receive complete noise irrespective of whether i am transmitting (or) not. So can i connect the two B200 radios using a cable so as to see the clean recevieed spectrum..

In this case I believe i should use a attenuator in between the cables.Can you please point more on this ? can i drectly connect without an attenuator??

Ash
undergrad student,