Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting two USRP B200 radios

From: James Humphries
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting two USRP B200 radios
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:57:14 -0500

Hi Ash,

Yes, you need to use an attenuator if you are connecting the B200's directly together with a cable. I would recommend at least 30dB of attenuation, but that depends on your settings. It is recommended that you do not input more that -15 dBm into the receiver of the B200, as this can damage the device.

With that said, what settings are you using? I see you have 8dB gain for transmit (you may need to increase this), what about receive on the other B200? Which port are you using to receive on the B200 (TX/RX or RX2)?

-Trip