[Discuss-gnuradio] Compatibility with Mac OS X

From: Jeon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compatibility with Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:05:08 +0900

With some struggles, I've finally installed GNU Radio (from the source) on Mac OS X 10.11 El Captian.

Lots of things including Python and UHD were installed via Homebrew.
Thrift for ControlPort, this is installed from the source.

Some quick test,

1. make test

It says 4 among 201 tests failed:

qa_test_all

    qa_polar_decoder_sc

    qa_polar_decoder_sc_list

    qa_polar_encoder

The rest of the tests, all passed.

2. uhd_usrp_probe

I can successfully probe USRP N210 with one LFTX and one LFRX.

3. gnuradio-companion

I can execute gnuradio-companion.
Although it's not ready for Retina display, that's okay. I don't care.
(But, I didn't run some flow graphs, yet.)

Then, I think GNU Radio will work fine in the most of cases.
However, I still wonder if there is a case that GNU Radio fails to run on Mac OS X 10.11.

If someone having trouble with Mac OS X El Capitan, I'd like to hear your case.

*Problems of OOT modules are not my concern

Regards,
Jeon.