Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] U32 type for module output

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] U32 type for module output
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 08:23:08 -0700

(I originally responded to the wrong mailing list....)

> No, there's not. If there's demand, we can add that of course. Do you
> actually need to *stream* u32 types? Will u8 work for you? You can
> re-cast it to whatever in your application.

Martin, I doubt that there is a high demand, I just sort of assumed
since the standard transport was for complex values (a pair of 16b ints)
that a 32b int was probably a baked in option.

I am sure I can make 8b work, I'll just have to work through how best to
shift it. Are there any gotchyas I need to be aware of (like handling
the smaller size within the CHDR frames differently), etc?

Thanks!