Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Trouble

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Swig Trouble
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 15:25:49 +0100

Hey Jan,

> I need help with the swig magic.
Too bad, full moon just passed and we ran all out of black cats to
sacrifice...
> I have a new block inside gr-fec called
> viterbi_decoder which is basically just a copy of the cc_decoder class.
> And a impl class viterbi_decoder_impl class, which is basically a copy
> of the cc_decoder_impl class. They compile fine, and I can see the
> symbols exported in the libgnuradio-fec.so.
>
> I also put the viterbi_decoder.h into the fec_swig.i. Still I get the
> dreaded
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'viterbi_decoder'
>
> Did I miss something?
> Code can be found at
> https://github.com/SpectreJan/gnuradio/tree/viterbi_decoder
>
> new files are
> include/viterbi_decoder.h
> lib/viterbi_decoder_impl.cc
> lib/viterbi_decoder_impl.h
update the copyright year ;)

Regarding the problem: I saw the same, but if you just change L85 in
swig/fec_swig.i:

 %include "gnuradio/fec/cc_encoder.h"
-#include "gnuradio/fec/viterbi_decoder.h"
+%include "gnuradio/fec/viterbi_decoder.h"
 %include "gnuradio/fec/ccsds_encoder.h"

you should be one step further.

Cheers,
Marcus

PS: no cats were harmed during the making of this FOSS project, afaik.