Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee802-11
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 06:47:37 -0800

Hi,

On 01 Mar 2016, at 05:34, Fujiwara <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi everyone!
     I am a beginner of GNU Radio. I found a very nice work in
https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/tree/master and it does me a great
favor. I connected two USRP N210,one run wifi_tx.grc, the other run
wifi_rx.grc, it worked. But when I want to use cellphone to receive the WiFi
signal transmitting by wifi_tx.grc, it didn't work. The cell phone couldn't
find SSID or other signal.
     What shall i do? Could the cellphone recognize and receive the wifi
signal from wifi_tx.grc? Is there someone attempt to do this project also?
    Thanks in advance! Any advice will be welcome!

Note that you will not be able to associate to the SDR as it does not implement a complete network stack, but mainly the physical layer.

You can, however, send beacons that can be picked up by your cell phone.
You have to adapt the data format and assemble a standard compliant beacon frame (currently it’s sending data frames).
It should be straightforward to implement and debug, just pipe your output to Wireshark (locally, without actually sending it) and check the format.

Best,
Bastian