[Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple hackrfs

From: Blade
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple hackrfs
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 16:25:06 -0800

I’m trying to implement 2 hackrfs and so far, and even with the following settings seen in the picture at the bottom:

Osmocom Source properties:
Complex float 32
Device Arguments: hackrf=0[,buffers=32][,bias=0][,bias_tx=0] hackrf=1[,buffers=32][,bias=0][,bias_tx=0]
Mboards: 2
Num Channels: 2
*Anything I’m missing if I want to just stream in the data from 2 hackrfs?

FYI: I’m not much of a programmer, so I don’t understand how to expand on the error, or be able to back trace the location of where the program encountered the error.

I’ve tried the following:

1.  double checked:
- number of Mboards
- Num Channels
- Device Arguments and their format based on the documentation of the osmocom source and http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmoSDR under HackRF Source/Sink
(only changes I’ve made since running a single hackrf)

2. Google searched the error:
FATAL: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

I can’t seem to find anything that seems to makes sense.

3. I have also tested the source with only a single hackrf and set:
Mboards: 1
Num Channels: 1
Device Arguments: hackrf=0[,buffers=32][,bias=0][,bias_tx=0]

Error output is the same as below except GRC is only trying to fill up 1 missing channel with a null source

If anyone can help, that would be awesome, thanks!

Output of GNU Radio Companion messages/errors window:

Executing: '/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python -u /Users/me/top_block.py'

Mac OS; Clang version 7.0.0 (clang-700.0.72); Boost_105900; UHD_003.009.002-MacPorts-Release

Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc
gr-osmosdr v0.1.x-xxx-xunknown (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.9
built-in source types: file fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy

FATAL: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target

Trying to fill up 2 missing channel(s) with null source(s).
This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
due to gnuradio bug #528.