Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] diminishing returns with increasing frequency off

From: tom x
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] diminishing returns with increasing frequency offset
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:01:58 +0100

Hi,

This previous post by me should give more info: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2016-02/msg00286.html
I've replaced the polyphase channelizer with one Frequency Xlating FIR filter for each channel.
The first problem (described above) is that centering the filter too far from the capture frequency means nothing gets through.
To solve this I would like to increase the sample rate but, as mentioned, the PHY block only output packets with samp_rate = 4MHz.
 I looked inside the 802.15.4 PHY block for some dependence on 4 MHz, and indeed, the samp_rate block is set to 4 MHz.
None of the other blocks use it though, here is a picture of the RX chain: http://i.imgur.com/0Ccwnr1.png?1
Maybe there is an implicit dependence on 4MHz, in the parameters set by the Clock Recovery block? I am not sure.
If there's any other relevant info I can give, let me know.

Thanks,
Tom