[Discuss-gnuradio] Modifying Tx rate

From: SangHyuk Kim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modifying Tx rate
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 17:43:39 +0900

Hi,

I have tried to get better performance(throughput & error rate) in OFDM packet transceiver.

I tested TxRx experiments in variety environments (modulation, frequency, bandwidth, fft_length, occupied_carriers, gain level, packet size and etc.)

As a result, I got a poor performance and I found it's because of slow Tx rate

So, I tried to trace packet sending process but I can't find which part what I modify.

It is what I find until now :

making packet -> inserting msg_queue -> sending -> deleting msg_header

msg_queue is limited (ex; 4)
sending(Tx rate) is slow, so deleting msg_header is also slow
making packet is very fast, so inserting msg_queue is blocked.
consequently, even if making packet is so fast, its' actual Tx rate is limited by something

I want to change Tx rate to higher and know which options are efficient to do this

Thanks !