Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Guided Tutorial Inquiry

From: Alexander Levedahl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Guided Tutorial Inquiry
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 18:11:46 -0400

The problem looked like the cmake process could not find swig.  SWIG 2.0.12 could be found.  According to the gnuradio dependencies (http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/build_guide.html), it should need at least 1.3.31.

Royce,

To confirm, can you go to the top of /home/[username]/user/gnuradio and execute the following command.

find . -name "__init__.py" -exec grep -l tutorial_swig {} \;

This goes to the top of your gnuradio install and looks through all subdirectories for files named __init__.py.  For all of the __init__.py files it finds, it prints out the file if it has tutorial_swig in it.  My window does not distinguish between uppercase i and lower case L; the option passed to the grep command is lower case L.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Andrej Rode <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Rocye,

>  But upon executing it as indicated from the tutorial, there were no output
> displayed and the terminal part of GRC shows an Import Error: No module
> named tutorial_swig as shown in the image below.

Great to hear you doing the tutorials. It looks like your install path for the
python module is not in your $PYTHONPATH and python is not able to find your
module. If you did not change the install path, then you should add
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages' to your environment variable
$PYTHONPATH. Maybe in your '~/.profile' or something similar.

Best Regards,
Andrej