[Discuss-gnuradio] Guided Tutorial Inquiry

From: Royce Ramelb
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Guided Tutorial Inquiry
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:52:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hello

I am a beginner in GNU Radio and as I go through the guided tutorials, I have encountered some differences.

From the section Working with GNU Radio in Python, I followed each and every step as indicated. I was also able to install the python block "multiply_py_ff" and use it in GRC. ( http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_GNU_Radio_in_Python#326-Installing-Python-Blocks )

 But upon executing it as indicated from the tutorial, there were no output displayed and the terminal part of GRC shows an Import Error: No module named tutorial_swig as shown in the image below.

Inline image

I traced it as far as I can and I saw that during the building process, when I run the cmake command, this shows in the terminal:
Inline image
The succeeding commands (i.e. make, sudo make install, sudo ldconfig) in the terminal did not produce any swig-related files, which is expected to be produced.

I am using Ubuntu 15.10, installed GNU Radio version 3.7.8 through apt-get, downloaded the latest versions of GNU Radio dependencies through apt-get as well.

I hope you could help me regarding this matter.

Thank you in advance