Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] query

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] query
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 11:48:54 +0200

Hi Muneeba,

so the point is: What *is* SNR? Can you define it mathematically?

Best regards,
Marcus

On 11.05.2016 11:47, Raja Muneeba wrote:
HI,

I am using usrp N210 with db SBX, and I do not have any message wave (or source file). I simply transmit and receive a sin wave via USRPs (find my graphs attached). I am not doing any modulation/de modulations.

I need to know the SNR value at the receiver end. I also want to adjust the signal strength to change SNR. SNR is signal strength/noise in db. How can I do this?

I see solutions with modulation schemes, but since I don’t use any modulation, how can it be done without that?

Regards,
Muneeba R.