[Discuss-gnuradio] Code Reuse Question

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Code Reuse Question
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 13:09:17 -0700

Hello,

I want to add an additional parameter to the existing file sink block that lets the user tell it how many items to save to file. This amounts to adding a few lines to the existing file sink work function.

What's the smartest way to do this? What I would do currently is create a new block, copy and paste the existing file sink code to my new block and add the few lines of code to change it. Is there a smarter way?

Rich