Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-rtl - making multi-channel receiver out of

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-rtl - making multi-channel receiver out of multiple RTL-SDR dongles
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:35:10 +0200

Hi Juha,

It wouldn't be as simple as it was for me as a developer and as it
(hopefully) is for the end user without your hardware mod.

Can you say something more about the residual center frequency
difference? Where might it come from? I prepared little test of
coherency between the receivers (multi-rtl/examples/test_multirtl.m).
Among all the figures that it shows there is a plot of relative phase
offset of signals coming from the receivers. In fact I have seen linear
phase change on that plot - that corresponds to some central frequency
offset. If I know what is the source of this offset maybe I will be able
to find some way to fix it in software.

--
Piotr