[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio - GNSS SDR Installation

From: Berat Atmaca
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio - GNSS SDR Installation
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 21:11:35 +0000

Hi all,

I am a beginner user of USRP N210 for GNSS SDR applications. Yesterday, I tried to install GNU Radio on ubuntu via PyBombs. The instructions I have typed on Terminal are below:
$ sudo apt-get install git python-pip
$ sudo pip install git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git
$ pybombs recipes add gr-recipes git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git
$ pybombs recipes add gr-etcetera git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-etcetera.git
$ pybombs prefix init /home/computer/sdr -a myprefix -R gnuradio-default
As far as I tracked on Terminal all dependiances were installed succesfully.  Then I typed the code below to setup everything for GNU Radio Companion.

$ cd /home/computer/sdr
$ . ./setup_env.sh
The README file of the gnss-sdr says after that code I would be able to use GRC. However, I couldn't find any desktop icon or gnu radio related executable program on computer.

Still, I tried to continue installation and typed gnss-sdr install code:
$ pybombs install gnss-sdr
It downloaded a few packages and then tried to build them. However, it ended up with a failure.

As far as I understood I did a mistake for set up of the downloaded files. So, what do you think I should do?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,

-- Berat Atmaca