[Discuss-gnuradio] Input Selector

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Input Selector
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:28:11 -0700

Hello,

I need to let the user select which input stream to transmit by pushing a button on the GUI. By default, the transmitter transmits random data until the user clicks the button, at which point a file is transmitted.

It is important that the entire file be transmitted, from the beginning. This means that the file data stream can't be dropped to the floor until the user clicks the button, it must apply back pressure from the selector block to the file source block until the user presses the button.

The selector block uses a null sink for each stream that isn't connected to the output, so I loose the ability to send the file from the beginning. In addition, the selector is causing the flowgraph to close with return code -11 and no other message.

Does someone have an idea of how I could do this using GRC?

Thank you,
Rich