[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on StackOverflow

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on StackOverflow
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 19:16:38 +0200

Hi People,

at Grcon'14 we decided to reach out to the GR community forming on
StackOverflow. We did – and I really think this is a great thing.

However, this support has come to somewhat of a halt. There's a bunch of
questions[1] on StackOverflow that I can't answer, mostly due to
temporal restrictions. Most of these aren't really hard to answer at all
– an easy way to get StackOverflow Reputation¹ as a "SO newb".

So, if anyone of you has got time on their hands to help a few users
that are lost with a few problems, taking the time to look, maybe
comment, or answer questions on StackOverflow on StackOverflow, I think
that would be a valuable contribution to the whole community process.

Otherwise, we might as well call off the whole "let's help people on SO"
deal – and rather point them directly to the mailing list in comments. I
don't think the separation that mailing list vs SO is facing currently
is a good thing, if only mailing list users get "premium" support :)

Cheers,

Marcus

¹ Yes. They officially came up with a unit to measure credibility of
internet strangers.
[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=active&q=%5bgnuradio%5d%20%20or%20%5bgnuradio-companion%5d%20answers%3a0