Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on StackOverflow

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on StackOverflow
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:21:31 -0700

Let me emphasize this. The mailing list is terrible for searching, and
stack overflow is highly optimized to show the correct results, *if* we
have enough Q's and A's on there.

This is also about the efficiency of this list. The aforementioned bad
indexing means we'll get a lot of repeated questions, and we can't
really blame people for that. Stack Overflow is simply a much better
forum for simple questions with simple answers, while the mailing list
is unbeatable for discussions.

Cheers,
Martin