Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flummoxed!

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flummoxed!
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:40:49 +0200

Hi,

On 09/25/2016 01:32 AM, Cinaed Simson wrote:
But as strange as this might sound, it almost appears as if the RDS
module is configured to use RTL dongle raw I/Q data pairs and not the
complex I/Q pairs used by the USRP and HackRF One?

I don't know the difference between raw I/Q and complex I/Q, but the module is supposed to work with either source.

Next adjusted the 1Msps sample rate using a Polyphase Arbitrary
Respampler.  Adjusted it from 1Msps to +/- 50Ksps in small increments.
RTL dongle packed in the RDS decode a few Ksps either side of the
nominal centre of 1Msps. No joy from the USRP or HackRF no matter what
sample rate I set it to!!!

Maybe the better approach would be to check what sample rate is supported by the device, set the source to that sample rate, and then resample accordingly.

Best,
Bastian