Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNURADIO File sink

From: Garver, Paul W
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNURADIO File sink
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 13:53:36 +0000

While writing a custom block would give you some valuable experience, there are some other options.

1) You may be able to use some combination of the tag strobe block [1] together with the tagged file sink [2]. I'm thinking you could have two tag strobe blocks, one for the "burst" TRUE, and one for the burst FALSE. I haven't personally used this, but it's a quick solution to try.

2) If you are OK with chunking up the files afterwards, you can record one long file and then use the gr_fileman tool in gr-analysis [3].

Hope this helps,

PWG

[1] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1blocks_1_1tags__strobe.html#details

[2] http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1blocks_1_1tagged__file__sink.html#details