Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNURADIO File sink

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNURADIO File sink
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 17:19:22 +0100

Dear Pablo,

I'd seriously consider implementing your signal processing in GNU Radio
rather than Matlab; GNU Radio's main purpose is to do live signal
processing, whereas Matlab is much better suited for offline analysis
and the such. It feels like a bit of a waste to use GNU Radio only for
recording!

Generally, there's nothing stopping you from reading only parts of a
File or Named Pipe directly with Matlab, anyway.
So, to be honest, I think you might be solving a problem that you don't
really have – "just" write Matlab code that repeatedly reads only as
many bytes as available from a file descriptor.

Best regards,
Marcus