Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio/No Devices Found (NI USRP-2920)

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio/No Devices Found (NI USRP-2920)
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 15:44:20 -0400

On 04/04/2017 02:49 PM, bup487 wrote:
Two programs, MATLAB and GNU Radio, are giving me different results when
searching for the USRP on my network.
My setup is Laptop -> Wired Ethernet -> Switch -> NI USRP-2920.

MATLAB can detect the USRP device, while GNU Radio throws an error whenever
it tries to identify the USRP device at 192.168.10.3.
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n63451/RUBYFORUM_001.jpg>
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n63451/RUBYFORUM_002.jpg>

My computer is configured with the static IP address 192.168.10.1. I'm
using Windows 10 for this setup. I recently downloaded the automated
NI-USRP driver software. Apparently, this software updates the USRP image to
the latest firmware. Installing new firmware onto the USRP had no effect on
the error message.

How do I get GNU radio to detect my USRP device?

If there is any help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n63451/RUBYFORUM_003.jpg>

Could you perhaps give us the exact text of the error message?

MATLAB-packaged UHD and GnuRadio-compatible UHD may well have different firmware requirements.

Also, the firmware doesn't "take effect" until you power-cycle the device.

Also, you should run "uhd_images_downloader" from the Gnuradio-compatible UHD that you may have, which will identify the version of the UHD library you're running, and download the appropriate firmware into your PC. Once that happens THEN you need to program the FPGA of the USRP
  device with this firmware, and power-cycle.

But again, my understanding is that MATLAB packages their own UHD version, so if you want to use both MATLAB and Gnu Radio, you'll be in
  a switching-back-and-forth mode with the firmware.